Fashion X Houston

I had THE best time at Fashion X Houston held last year (October 13-15 2016) at Silver Street Studios in Houston's Art District. This inaugural event was a three-day fashion and gallery show featuring emerging designers in Houston and beyond (including Project Runway stars). From clothes, to bags, to shoes, to jewelry... CSJ was one of the twenty+ designers selected to sell in the gallery. I've been a participant in Fashion X Austin/Austin Fashion Week and Fashion X Dallas for the past few years and I have to claim that FXH was the most fun and successful Fashion X event I've ever been a part of -- all of it (the runways, the gallery designers, the energy, the attendees and the connections). I was honored to sell my jewelry next to my new friend Amanda Sterett (Styled Life), a designer I have admired for years (she's designed jewelry for Anthropologie, Sundance, and The Red Envelope, along with many other accomplishments). Not only is she incredibly talented (I admitted to her that I've posted pictures of her jewelry in my studio for inspiration), but she is also a "jewel" of a person. I also had the pleasure of meeting Caroline Harper Knapp who was honored on Thursday night as a Houston style-setter and philanthropist. She has an amazing fashion and lifestyle blog (House of Harper) with millions of followers. I wanted to give her a piece of jewelry and she picked our diamond horn necklace recently seen in the September 2016 issue of British Vogue. This adorable lady, wife and mom is the whole package and I am a fan! On Saturday night the amazing Lucinda Loya (Interiors) was honored as a trend-setter. And while they were all intriguing to watch, I really enjoyed the runway shows of Mysterious by NPN and Bentley and Lace. Finally, you have to checkout fellow jewelry designers Rosse & James and Cassandra Collections. At the end of the day, perhaps the best part of the weekend was getting to spend time with my beautiful mom (inside and out) and temporary business partner (AKA "the help"). Lol. #ilyysypdd! #inmyelement #trunkdragging #youareNOT75


Comments

Popular Posts