WHAM 2013

This was my first year to sell my jewelry at WHAM (Houston's annual Winter Holiday Art Market) and it was a wild success! Although I was exhausted by the end of it, I loved visiting with all of my customers and I enjoyed the camaraderie amongst the surrounding vendors. There are so many incredible artists in Houston and their talent and creativity never ceases to amaze me! I like to support fellow artists/designers so I always come away from a show with a few goodies for myself. My first purchase was a delicious crochet cowl by Ann Westby of Petals & Metals (Studio Amorosa). I probably need another scarf like I need a hole in my head, but this one is like a warm blanket -- perfect for the winter weather we just received. LOVE it. I also purchased a painting by Kari Breitigam who paints or sketches pictures and abstract drawings and then uses them as the pattern for her needlepoint pieces. She also stamps fabric, sews pouches, makes jewelry and much, much more. I can't wait to frame and hang her work in my home! My final purchase was a jewelry hanger from Allison Virgadamo of Swish Productions to use in my studio. The fabric patterns she chooses draw you in and her skill is perfection. I could go on and on about the other amazing things I saw. Hope to be invited back next year!


Comments

Popular Posts