Austin Fashion Week 2012

I had a blast selling my jewelry at Austin Fashion Week! My long time BFF, Gina Kehres, helped me with the show on Friday night. We met so many neat people and were inspired by all the creativity around us. I love to support fellow jewelry designers and often purchase pieces that demonstrate techniques I don't utilize myself. At AFW I purchased a necklace by Jeannie Vianney and tried to purchase a bracelet (made from used guitar stings) by Eye on the Sparrow Designs (Abbie Chesney), but when I went back she was sold out. The highlight of my evening was when Paola Moore of Rare Trends purchased a pair of my earrings and wore them for the remainder of the event. She and her sister co-founded Rare Trends and I was fortunate enough to get to see their runway show the night before. They adhere to a philosophy that women should wear art, so this was quite the compliment! AFW was a success on many levels and I hope to participate again next summer. I later followed up on the Abbie Chesney bracelet and was able to purchase it online. After doing my research I was also so touched by her story (and jewelry) that I had to add her to my blog post "Designers I Love."






Paola Moore, Founder of Rare Trends, in Cindy Schulze Jewelry


No comments:

Post a Comment